Summer Images
This picture was taken about 10 minutes before I got into a tangle with the goal keeper and managed to partially tear my ACL.
I didnt know that at the time, however I did stop playing for 2 weeks and tried to get better. When I thought I was better I played a game and did ok, until I tried to pivot. My knee gave out and down I went. An odd feeling when there is no pain, it just wouldn't work. So off the the Doc I went and then to Physio and now I am off soccer for about 8 more weeks (just enough that I am done for the rest of the outdoor season!). Who knew! I always figured that ACL injuries were the spectacular injuries where you just KNEW it was the ACL. But there are such things as partial tears that just take some specific exercises and rest to get better.
My dad came to visit for a week and Isaac had a blast. He loved being able to stay home with Grandpere and play in the yard all day. We put his slide into the pool and that was the higlight of the day! He must have spent about 2 hours playing in the pool that day.
One of the days I got to spend at home with them we walked to the garden store and then stopped at the new playground at the elementary school. I had wanted to try it out and it was on our way home so we gave it a go. There was some neat structure including a small climbing wall, or bouldering wall. Isaac climbed most of it but needed some help at the top. Wow they never had things like that when I was a kid!
Isaac at Garbutt's Lake, where Aric's parents have their retirement property.
Isaac got to go out Thursday night with Nana & Papa and have a day there with them, Aunti Sara, Uncle Ben and Cousin Sophia before the rest of us came. The highlight was when the helicopters showed up after a small forest fire was discovered. One had the water bucket and actually scooped up some water (but dumped it back on the lake as it was too small a fire to douse - the ground crew had it under control.
More when I get the rest of the pictures developed - yes I am still in the 35mm age!
Isaac at Garbutt's Lake, where Aric's parents have their retirement property.
Isaac got to go out Thursday night with Nana & Papa and have a day there with them, Aunti Sara, Uncle Ben and Cousin Sophia before the rest of us came. The highlight was when the helicopters showed up after a small forest fire was discovered. One had the water bucket and actually scooped up some water (but dumped it back on the lake as it was too small a fire to douse - the ground crew had it under control.More when I get the rest of the pictures developed - yes I am still in the 35mm age!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home