Taking out the Tree
So Aric decided that he was going to take the HUGE poplar tree in our back yard down, all by himself, after getting some rediculus quotes from tree removal companies. Something to do with the power lines that are above ground in our yard...
But he got his dad, Bud, and our good friend (and yes he is still our good friend!) Peter together one sunny May morning and started attacking the tree using a chainsaw, climbing rope and a climbing harness. They would climb up the tree, rope off the harness, pull up the chainsaw and then take out limbs. (Isaac and I went garage sale-ing with Peter's wife Lori so we wouldnt see all the 'fun').
By the time Isaac and I returned this is how far they had gotten, with no human limbs missing or maimed and no power lines missing either! Pretty impressive.
Isaac and I went to the park for a while as Isaac was scared of the chainsaw and I still didnt want to see them up there. (NOTE: Aric is in the back ground of these shots up in the tree!)

On the May long weekend (which of course snowed!) Duane and Aric removed all the brush using a Budget rent-a-truck to haul it all to the landfill. I helped for a while, but Isaac soon got too cold so we went inside to make hot chocolate for every one.










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home