The Hartley's of Calgary

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Nadine's Lament

So there have been a few more babies born in my circle of friends these past few months. 5 to be exact (and still two more friends pregnant!) It makes it hard on me to see them all having kids (especially when 3 of them just had their 3rd kid and we are still working on #2). They are all so special and beautiful children and I would never wish anyone to not have kids. But I do feel very jelous and sometimes mad at God that He has not given me another one. Isaac has been asking when he gets to have a baby sister or brother like all his friends and I dont have an answer for him other than "just ask God for one and He will give us one" It has been 1 year of telling him that so I think Isaac is not pleased with that answer any longer. His prayer every night is "please God I pray that I can stay home. Amen" Breaks my heart. And Aric's too. Sometimes I think Aric's more than mine as he just wants me to be home and be mom to Isaac. He wishes there was something he could do to 'fix' everything, so we pray more.

I still really enjoy my work, Isaac is back at his normal dayhome (she was on mat leave...) and he is happy to be with his 'best friends'. We are blessed that God has provided Isaac a safe and enjoyable place to play. I know he enjoys it and he is happy to play there with 'his boys'.


Cool thing, I just won flowers for 12 weeks from Shine FM! Its administrative week (today is acutally Administrative Day) and I submitted a form last week and promptly forgot about it, but I WON! And now I get a beautiful bouquet of flowers each Monday! Awesome!


So I am very glad that my friends have wonderful babies, but I really want to join in too. Isaac is a wonderful kid, he is so fun and learning new things all the time and I am so blessed to have him. He is a joy each day and does little thing to make me smile (and sometimes cry as they are so sweet) and I want to repeat that with a second one.


here are a few pictures of Isaac from the spring so far. God Bless all and dont worry I will be ok, baby or no baby. I am trusting and praising God knowing that He knows best and has an awesome plan for us.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home