The Hartley's of Calgary

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Summer Wrap-Up


So its official, Summer's over.
The leaves are mostly off the trees now and the ones still on are a nice yellow colour; they look amazing with the clear blue skies we have had the last few weeks.
We went to 'Nana & Papa's Lake' for the Sept Long Weekend, one last hurrah at camping. Aric has been extremely busy renovating our garage and has the drywall up now. He has also been busy working on a side job to be installed this weekend. Poor guy has been working 20+ hours at work and then coming home to work in the shop at night. He even worked ALL night Friday to get everything ready for the Finisher Saturday. Once this project is finished then we can mud and tape the garage and get the heater installed. The next projects will be more leisurely as the bulk of the renovations are done.
Thanksgiving weekend was different this year. Everyone from Aric's side of the family were out of town so it was just us 3. After Aric's marathon in the shop, we took Isaac to his first ever movie in the theatre, Ratatouille, which he loved but found it hard to sit still for the 2 hour show. (Aric was so tired he slept through the whole thing - poor guy) We went to Swiss Chalet after for supper and I think he liked that better. Sunday after church we hit the Zoo as it was about 15 degree and sunny. What a great afternoon, we saw the new baby elephant, who is only 2 months old (and already 300 lbs!). Afterwards we stopped in at Licks (a local ice cream shop) which Isaac loved as he got to choose ANY flavour (rainbow of course!). Then Monday was clean (the shop, the house and the garden-potatoes, squash, zuccini, pumpkins, carrots are all ready!). I did make a 'nicer' dinner and apple crisp for dessert, but didn't attempt a turkey. Too much for just us 3.
We bought our tickets to Ontario for Christmas ($$$ -gulp!) and I am so excited to see my family. Even though my mom and dad came out to Calgary this year I still cant wait to go see them all.
The only other news is that I signed up to see Stampin' Up! card making supplies. I have gotten bitten by the card making bug (sister to the scrapbooking bug that bit me years ago!) and decided the give being a Demonstrator a try. I get to host workshops and teach people about making cards or new techniques that they may have never seen before. I can't wait to get started and seeing as its Christmas, this is the perfect time. (psst, anyone wanting more information call me 403-685-0513 or email ani_hart@telus.net and ask away!)
I am looking forward to the s**w this year, making snowmen, skating (I hope Isaac will try this year) and maybe getting in one or two days snowboarding. Hope everyone had a great summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home